I missed the last check-in, but that was because I was busy writing (so I don't think Judgemental Dog will be too hard on me). Unfortunately a lot of it went towards some other random story, but at least a few thousand words went towards my dark fantasy novel. I'm still stuck on the last scene of chapter two; it's almost like I'm afraid to write it because I know it will be crap. Still, I keep plugging away at later chapters, in the (possibly vain) hope that it will somehow prod my brain into punching out the early chapters. I also have one half-chapter or so that I really like, but that I think will probably have to be cut out because of plot/continuity issues. Hopefully I can salvage some of it.
Yesterday I got my revised thesis/journal article back from my supervisor, so now that I've made the last few small changes (delete a sentence here, rephrase a sentence there), it will be good to submit to the journal :D Since uni starts back next Monday and I'll be tutoring two days a week (as well as working four days at my other job), it will be good to have it off my plate.
The review on my Sakura Koi watercolour paints I wrote last week seems to have been getting a lot of hits, so I'm wondering if I should make art reviews a regular thing on my writing blog. It would be a good way to exercise my non-fiction writing muscles (with all my art supplies I'm in no danger of running out of material lol). It will also give me an excuse to buy the new range of water soluble wax pastels Derwent has just brought out :D I should also start doing book reviews again, since I haven't done one since late last year.
I also checked up on my illustrated children's book, Belvedere, and discovered that in the last week I've sold two more copies. I know it's not much, but still... Yay! :)
I haven't had any chocolate or energy drinks in the last week (I know, people who know me are going "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL BEC?!") since I'm actually trying to be a bit healthier. Plus I figure the less I spend on sugary stuff, the more money I'll have for art supplies and books :D I can pretty much feel my synapses hammering at the inside of my skull, shrieking at me to eat something sweet.
I would shank a mo-fo for some M&Ms right now, is all I'm saying.
No Judgemental Dog photo this week. Instead (because I was really really bored) I decided to make a Judgemental Dog video. Here is His Judgemental Holiness playing with the new toy I got him, a giant novelty tennis ball:
See how other ROW80ers are doing here.
I just checked out the preview for Belvedere and I think I may have to find an excuse to buy myself a copy. It looks adorable.
ReplyDeleteKudos on the writing and on having the thesis ready to go! :)
LOL Love the Judgemental Dog video. :) Just what I needed to get me rolling today.
ReplyDeleteI say, forget the early chapters for now and just get the rest down. Once you hit the end you can go back and attack again with a different mind set. Good luck!
JUDGMENT AND SHAME!
ReplyDeleteI forgot it's Wednesday because I had Tuesday off work :P
Go with the new idea... I shelved Hadley for Monsters and right now I'm happier for it... I mean, there is this massive underlying guilt for shelving my first "baby", but it had to be done... ... right?
Good job on your progress. love the Judgmental Dog video. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the two copies!
You sound ultra productive and conscious these days. WOW! Quite an inspiration.....
ReplyDelete(The thought of no chocolate for a whole week makes me shake.....)
Keep the strong #ROWing going!
Your working hard and it shows. Love the video. We have a shepherd and life is more interesting because of him. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat progress.
ReplyDeleteI'm also on a healthy streak, but I'm thinking about M&Ms.
Cute video.